The following topics are covered
- Legal background: priority, added subject-matter, claim interpretation, state of the art, novelty and inventive step
- Time management: how to efficiently handle the various documents, how to divide time between the various elements of the C Exam Paper
- Analyzing the client’s letter, distilling the questions and writing the response to the client’s letter (legal issues)
- Analyzing the patent to be opposed (claim interpretation, claimed object, claim effects, definitions)
- Determining the effective dates of the claims in the patent to be opposed
- Establishing the state-of-the-art, making a Time Line (date display) and a Claim-Document matrix; recognizing and dealing with European prior rights, publication problems, priority problems, non-prejudicial disclosures, etc.
- Added subject-matter attacks on the description and the claims
- Identifying and performing novelty attacks based on European prior rights under Art.54(3)
- Identifying for each claimed embodiment the relevant sections of the Art.54(2) prior art documents and performing the ‘must-have’ attack(s) under novelty or inventive step
- Optionally, recording identified claim features and recording the attack
- Finalizing the Notice of Opposition form and the Legal Issues.
- Over 500 overhead sheets introducing and explaining how to tackle the C exam
- A book entitled “Methodology for Paper C”, over 300 pages, including over 60 figures, 16 flow-charts, 6 A3 flow-charts, and several matrix templates
- The six papers that will be practiced and an analysis/model solution. The analysis/model solution also demonstrates how the goal oriented searching method and the tactics have been applied for the specific paper.
- Onsite – Main Exam Paper C (6-day), price € 4.785
- Early bird discount for full Main Exam preparation: € 520
Registration fee and VAT information
- An administrative fee of € 125 is charged for every booking. If more than one course is booked at the same time, only one administrative fee will be charged
- All fees are excluding 21% VAT